Policies, Rules and Regulations
Terms and Conditions
You must read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions before your enrolment can be validated.
Abusive Behaviour Policy
Eagle Vision Institute provides a safe environment, conducive for all students to study in and staff members to work in. Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. Abusive behaviour (or Abuse) is understood as being any behaviour intended to hurt or upset physically or emotionally.This includes, but not limited to:
- Physical violence or inflicting of physical pain or discomfort of any kind
- Sexual harassment, including physical and verbal abuse
- Bullying and intimidation
- Threats of any kind
- Name calling or laughing at someone
- Dissemination of false information with malicious intent
- Intentional exclusion of someone from an activity and intentionally ignoring someone or refusing to work or interact with someone when this is required as part of their course of study
- Coercing someone to do something unwillingly
Procedure for Dealing with Abusive Behaviour
Procedure for Dealing with Abusive Behaviour Members of staff are expected to listen to any complaints of abusive behaviour and report them to the Director of Studies, who will investigate complaints and accusations further by discussing the incident(s) sensitively and confidentially with all parties involved.
If abusive behaviour is judged to have taken place, the incident will be recorded, and any perpetrator(s) will be required to offer an apology to the victim(s) and provided with a clear reminder of the Institute’s policy and what sanctions will be imposed if any further behaviour is confirmed, including the possibility that the perpetrator(s) will be excluded from a class, suspended or expelled from the Institute itself.
If a perpetrator is under 18, their parents / guardians will be contacted immediately and informed of the behaviour and the sanctions imposed. In the event that extreme abusive behaviour (any abusive behaviour involving dangerous physical harm or where the law has obviously been broken) is deemed to have been committed, the Director of Studies will contact the police and suspend the alleged perpetrator(s) immediately until police enquiries have been carried out.
Eagle Vision Institute prides itself on being a centre of cultural and linguistic diversity that celebrates the variety of ethnic and cultural heritage of its students and teachers, recognising all as equals.
We oppose all and any negative discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, disability, nationality, ethnicity, class, age, religion, sexuality and employment status. Any incidence of reported negative discrimination either witnessed by staff or reported to staff will be investigated and dealt with appropriately.
This may include issue of a verbal warning, a written warning, or in extreme cases, suspension, exclusion and even criminal prosecution of perpetrators.
Eagle Vision Institute is committed to ensuring that the privacy and confidentiality of all students, staff and other clients and partners is protected and kept securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act, 2012.
We pledge the following:
- that we will collect and use personal information of students, staff and partners lawfully;
- that we will not sell, lease or share personal information of students, staff and partners to outside parties unless we have your permission to do so or are required to do so by law;
- that we will keep the personal information of students, staff and partners accurate and protect it against loss, theft or unauthorised access;
- that we will only collect and use personal information of students, staff and partners in order to provide the best possible service to all parties, and also to enable us to maintain accurate statistical information on our students and staff.
All Eagle Vision Institute students, staff and partners may exercise their right to:
- View the information that we hold on them;
- Ask us to remove their details from mailing lists;
- Update information we hold on them to ensure it is accurate.
By submitting their application to Eagle Vision Institute, either online, in person or through postal correspondence, applicants are consenting to the use of personal information as described above. By choosing to work for us or with us, teachers and partner organisations are consenting to the use of personal information as described above.